This is the photo gallery of one of my Formentor guitars with the original 2014 abalone design.
Enlarge the photos by clicking on it. Click or tap on the right side of the enlarged image to step forward or use the keyboard's arrows.
The main speciality of the Formentor series is the harmonic lattice bracing. Read more about this bracing on the Workshop page above in the menu.
- Design: The original Formentor design with abalone inlays
- Soundboard: Master grade western red cedar or European spruce (Red cedar on the photos above)
- Strutting: All wooden harmonic lattice bracing from old European spruce
- Double sound portal
- Back and sides: East-Indian Rosewood or Santos Rosewood (Pao Ferro), optional (Santos Rosewood on the photos above)
/ Madagascar Rosewood upon special request
- Neck: Spanish Cedar
- Spanish neck joint
- Fretboard: Ebony, 20 frets, radiused
- Frets: stainless steel
- Head plates: Same as back and sides
- Bridge: Same as back and sides with 12 hole tie-block
- Purflings: 3 ply maple/rosewood/maple or maple/dyed-maple/maple
- Nut and saddle: bone
- Scale: 635 mm or 650 mm (optional)
- Neck width: 52 mm at the nut, 62 mm at 12th fret
- Weight: 1580 gramms approx., measured with strings and tuning machines
- Finish: natural amber or blonde French polish (amber on the photos above)
- Tuners: Der Jung high quality tuners with finest 1:18 ratio, special S4 metal shafts with bearings